TECH!!! For the non-theater folks, this is the week that we finally get to put everything together for the first time. A hundred people running around with very specific jobs to do and trying to make the cogs of the American Idiot machine work without a hitch.
So what does that mean for me as an actor?
1. I sign in. Let people know I'm here (and ready to WERK!)
2. Wait in my dressing room in my cozy new robe (wait til I get my hands on a bedazzler).
3. Get called to stage, put on a costume and get to my place (-ish).
4. A lot happens around me. Lights, sound, set, people. I wait.
5. I wait some more.
6. And then some more.
7. Look around the theater (sigh...). I wonder, "is this my life?"
8. Try on some costumes, get my hair did, y'know.
9. We do a couple little dances, sing a couple songs.
10. Rinse. Repeat.
The professional theater is no joke. The amount of time it takes to mount a show is countless. Especially with the technical demands of American Idiot, I am glad to work with a bunch of freakin' geniuses. It is unbelievably worth it in the end. I cannot wait for our first audience in 4 days! Utica, get ready to have your minds friggin' blow. POW!
|Our First Stop! Utica, NY!!!|
|This chandelier is the size of the entire mezzanine. Huge and spider-like.|
|Makes it official? I'm traveling with American Idiot! Want one?!?!|
|Will understudy outfit!!!|
|Only way to keep sane in Tech. SNACKS!!!|