Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 1: New York City (First Day of School)

It's a little before 9pm and I am BEAT!  Rehearsal started off with a bang-

I have to geek out for a moment; No Billie Joe yet, or anyone from the Green Day team but it would have been overload seeing them and also sharing the room with three serious theater greats:  Michael Mayer, Tom Kitt and Steven Hoggett.  Is this really my life?  I'm a crazy fan of all their works and well- when I go to talk to them, I'm reduced to a babbling college freshman. 

It was a get to know you day.  Meet and greets and trying to retain everyone's name.  I am already enamored by this cast.  First off, everyone is just BE-A-U-TIFUL.  The energy feels just right;  honest, warm and raw.   Steven had us, at one point, sprinting (mine, a light jog) across the room as an exercise shouting each other's names, then choreographed our own routines in groups.  Oh, and a serious abs warm-up- ouchies, I'm discovering a muscle group that doesn't really flex unless we're at taco bell. 

Then some music time with Tom and our awesome music director Jared Stein.  These guys are going to have us sounding baller in no time.  Catching sound bytes of everyone's voice in rehearsal-  making that sound for the first time as a group-  I have to remind myself that I have to sing and not just listen to the awesomeness that is this group of rockers.

Alright, time to do a little memorization homework and unwind with a little American Horror Story-  behind on my all my shows!

 Considering I got dressed while barely awake,
no clean laundry after Orlando, I think I looked presentable 
for first day!
 This book holds all the secrets.  Pure genius within.

No comments:

Post a Comment